The Technological Center of Regional Development of Viçosa (CenTev) is an organ of the Federal University of Viçosa (UFV), tied directly to its rectory, and its mission is to foster interaction between academia, public sector, private enterprises and society, creating avenues for the development of Viçosa and region.
CenTev has a skilled and diverse team composed by excellent professionals with training in various areas of knowledge working in order to make the CenTev and its units - Technology Park of Viçosa (tecnoPARQ), Incubator of Companies with Technological Base (IEBT), Center of Junior Enterprises (CEMP) and the Center of Social and Educational Development (Nudese) - a privileged environment of entrepreneurship, research, development and innovation.
Institutions and technology-based companies, whose competitiveness are related to the intensive use of scientific and technological knowledge, tecnoPARQ is the ideal place to develop their activities and settle their centers of research, development and innovation (RD &I).
The new entrepreneurs, with a design of technology-based business, have in IEBT the support needed to develop their managerial and administrative skills, as well as information, advisory and consultancy services that facilitate the introduction and development of the company in the market.
The CEMP works developing the spirit of university youth leadership, entrepreneurial and managerial skills. The NUDESE brings to the city of Viçosa inclusion through its educational programs partners. In addition to fulfilling the social purpose of CenTev, the NUDESE enables companies in Viçosa to perform its environmental responsibilities.
CenTev develops its activities guided by the following goals:
- Coordinate actions that allow the participation of the UFV in the national technological expansion process.
- Technological potential prospect of UFV, as well as contribute to the transmission of these technologies to enterprises (existing or to be created in Viçosa).
- Establish coexistence between UFV and the productive sector, enabling the use of equipment and participation of its researchers, workgroups or departments, in effort to create high-tech enterprises.
- Identify lines of development, products and processes to foster innovation by encouraging interaction between the productive sector and UFV.
- Share with society the benefits arising from technological development caused by the action of CenTev and units.